Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition includes a Parental Control Feature that is very appealing. Today, we’ll go through how to activate parental control after unboxing. Let’s start with the packaging first.
Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition – Unboxing and Parental Control Feature
What’s Inside the box:
- Fire HD 10 Tablet
- 9 watt charging brick
- USB type-C cable
- Instruction manual
When you receive your new gadget, it will be in the color you specified. In the market, pink ones, purple ones, and black ones are available. The product also includes a two-year worry-free guarantee. This implies that if your child breaks this item, you can send it back to Amazon and get a new one sent to you
It also has a display of 10.1-inch HD display and it has a micro-SD card slot supporting up to 512 GB. It has an octa core processor, dual band ac, wi-fi, front and rear cameras as well.
You’ll get a battery pack, a power adapter with Amazon USB cables and built-in rechargeable batteries in the box. The charging brick is 9 watt, with a 5.2 watt output.
Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition also includes a wonderful feature called Parental Control Feature, which is another great reason to buy this tablet. Now that you’ve seen all of the features of this powerful kids tab, let’s get into how we’ll implement the parental control system.
In case, if you are looking for a YouTube MP3 and MP4 download, you can check it
How to setup Parental Control Feature
You must download the Amazon Kids app first. With kid-friendly Amazon-curated content, it will allow you to access items from Amazon’s library..
Do not forget that your parental controls password is not the same as your lock screen password.
- To access Quick Settings, swipe down from the top of the screen twice.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Now, tap Parental Controls.
- Toggle the switch to On.
- Enter your current password and confirm it.
- Tap Finish and Done.
When you choose this option, a lock symbol will appear at the top of the screen. You can create and manage your Amazon Kids profiles and content on Amazon devices or with the Parent Dashboard now.
Add, Edit, or Delete Profiles
To begin, create an Amazon Household (Manage Your Household) for your child. After the configuration is completed, you may delete or modify this kid profile at any time.
- The Child Profile’s birth date confirmation ensures that children will only view material that is appropriate for their age.
- Amazon Kids requires a parental controls pin to manage and exit.
Remember: If you forget your PIN, you may remove your phone from the Manage Your Content and Devices page.
Managing Contents in Profiles
Your kid can only view the things you choose on Amazon Kids app. You have control over what your child accesses on his or her device. The Parent Dashboard is used to oversee content and activity monitoring.
The sections are divided into numerous rows for books, movies, and other forms of entertainment. When exploring the rows, make sure to click “See All” to see all alternatives.
Managing Features and Device Usage
In Amazon Kids, you may establish Daily Goals and Time Limits for your children to help them be more productive.
- Weekdays / Weekends – You may customize the educational goals and time restrictions for the weekend or weekday programs.
- Bedtime – To set the time when Amazon Kids should be disabled, tap in to Turn off. Tap again in the Stay off Until to set the time when Amazon Kids can be used again.
- Educational Goals – Time-bound objectives for viewing instructional material are also possible. If you want to block non-educational materials until your child’s objectives have been accomplished, select the Learn First option.
- Total Screen Time – You may set a time limit on how long your youngster can spend in Amazon Kids.
- Time by Activity – You may set time limits for specific activities, such as reading books.
Click here to learn more about this fantastic parental control function.
Learn First: With this in mind, you can restrict access to all time-wasting items like games and cartoons until educational objectives are achieved. You may also set the closing time for Amazon Kids using the Bedtime option.
Age Filters: Amazon Kids Plus age filters suggest content for your kid based on his or her date of birth.
Tip: You may also use the Parent Dashboard to handle content and features, along with recent activity.
If you are planning to buy this amazing product and looking for experts opinion, you can check the full review.