Intuit offers data protect service to safeguard QuickBooks data from loss or damage. Sometimes, while using this service, users get Intuit Data Protect backup failed error. On the occurrence of this error, the user gets a message, “Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: Firewall or connection issue.” The error mainly occurs due to Windows Firewall blocking Intuit Data Protect. Through this blog, we will brief you on causes and step-by-step troubleshooting procedure to overcome Intuit Data Protect incomplete backup error.
If you need guidance to resolve Intuit Data Protect Backup failed error, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
What are the causes behind Data protect Backup Unsuccessful issue?
Following is the list of reasons that trigger a backup error in Intuit:
- Some Intuit Data Protect processes are not running as an administrator.
- The company file you are using for backup is already open on one of the computer.
Solutions to Rectify IDP Failed to Take Backup error
Solution 1. Make use of the IDP Diagnostic Tool
- Open the Windows System Tray, right-click the Intuit Data Protect and click About Intuit Data Protect.
- Tap the Ctrl + F2 key on your keyboard to open the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool.
- Click Run Diagnostic. If the tool finds an issue with a firewall or third-party security application, you need to configure the software to allow access to Intuit Data Protect files.
- To change the security software or hardware settings, view the manufacturer’s website and include the following files for exceptions:
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IntuitDataProtect.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IbuEnghost.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\QBIDPServices.exe
Solution 2. Include Windows Firewall ports
- Open the Start menu, enter Control Panel in the search field and head to System and Security.
- Select Windows Firewall, then Advanced Settings and choose Inbound Rules from the left side of the window.
- Move to the right, choose New Rule and enter the ports.
- Click Next, incoming Port: 80, Outgoing Ports: 443, 16841.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then follow the same procedure for Outbound Rules.
Solution 3. Clear cache, cookies, temporary files and SSL state from the Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, head to the Tools menu and choose Internet Options.
- Choose the General tab, move to the Browsing History section and click Delete.
- Tick the following checkboxes:
- Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies and website data
- Form Data
- InPrivate Filtering
- Next, clear the Preserve Favorites and website data checkbox.
- To clear the items, click Delete and choose the Content tab.
- Select Clear SSL state and click OK.
Solution 4. Add on Trusted Sites in the Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, move to the Tools menu and choose Internet Options.
- Choose the Security tab, clear the Enable Protected Mode checkbox and select Trusted sites.
- Next, click Sites and clear the Require server verification ( https: ) for all sites in this zone checkbox.
- Include *.backup.com, *.intuit.com and *.intuit.net and click the Close button.
- Choose the Privacy tab, select Sites and add *.quickbooks.com and *.intuit.com to the Address of Website box.
- Select the Allow each time you add the web address option and then click OK.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 2107
Solution 5. Check Windows Firewall to make sure it is not blocking Intuit Data Protect
Include important files to the Windows firewall
- Tap the Windows key on your keyboard then tap Windows Firewall in the search field and click Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Choose Allow another app, select Browse and move to Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
- Click QBIDPservice.exe, choose Open and select Network types.
- Mark the Private checkbox, click Add and follow the same steps for IBUenghost.exe and IntuitDataProtect.exe files.
Include Intuit Data Protect in your Trusted Sites
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard, enter Internet options in the search field and choose Security.
- Select Trusted Sites, then Sites and add the following sites:
- emerald.backup.com (a latest trusted site that updates your Intuit Data Protect certificates)
- Ensure the Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone is clear and click Close.
- Select OK, open the Intuit Data Protect certificate site and back up with Intuit Data Protect.
Solution 6. Verify IBuEngHost.exe is not running as a Windows user
Follow the steps to see if the file is running as System
- Right-click the Windows taskbar, choose Start Task Manager and choose the Details tab.
- Search for IBuEngHost.exe and ensure it has the User Name as System next to it and the Status is running.
- If it is not running as System, follow the steps given below:
- Get the installer of your latest QuickBooks version and head to the location where you saved the installer file.
- Right-click the installer then select the Run as Administrator option and head with the re-installation.
- Once done, look for IBuEngHost.exe in the Task Manager and ensure the status is running and the User name is System.
- Finally, try to back up with Intuit Data Protect.
Solution 7. Update the QuickBooks version you use to its latest release
- Close your company files, quit QuickBooks, and after that open the Windows Start menu.
- Look for the QuickBooks Desktop icon, right-click it and select the Run as administrator option.
- Select the Help menu on the No Company Open screen and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Options menu, select Mark All and then Save.
- Click the Update Now tab, tick the Reset Update checkbox and select Get Updates.
- After that, complete the installation and reboot your computer.
Solution 8. Get the latest update for Intuit Data Protect
- Go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks option.
- Go to the Update Now tab, select Data Protect from the list and click Get Updates.
- Next, right-click the Intuit Data Protect icon and choose About Intuit Data Protect.
- Lastly, click Update and then OK.
This brings us to the end of the blog. We hope the resolutions discussed above help you fix the QuickBooks Intuit data protect backup failed error. If the problem doesn’t fix, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by dialing our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 .
You may also read this blog : QuickBooks Web Connector Error