In the world of various software technologies, QuickBooks accounting software is one of the aces for all accounting professionals, business people, and other non-professionals who handle any sort of finance operations. QuickBooks users are heading towards their desired business results due to its excellent and prime features. When we are talking about QuickBooks features, the software carries a specific set of errors that may impede the users while they are operating QuickBooks. Today’s article is about one such common error: QuickBooks error 6000 77. If you are searching for effective ways to solve this error, continue reading.
Are you among those users who are baffled by this QuickBooks error code 6000 77? Let the error get untangled with our QuickBooks expert team with their mindful and proven solutions. All you are required to do is ring us at 1.855.738.2784. Ping us now!
QuickBooks error 6000 77 is one of the messes that trouble users by affecting their business productivity. With this annoying error, QuickBooks users may sometimes encounter issues such as inaccessibility, back-end glitch, halted operations, and other adverse issues.
QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77: A Quick Summary
The QuickBooks error code 6000 77 is a company file error that comes with a message whenever the user tries to open and access the QB company data file. Primarily, the error issue strikes in the multi-user mode. However, users who are using QuickBooks in single-user mode also suffer from errors. When the error occurs, users get an error message on their screens read as “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” If you are also one of the users getting this issue, then get the reliable solutions mentioned below. But, before that, let’s know the potential reasons that give rise to this QB company file error code 6000 77.
Likely Reasons Behind The QB Company File Error Code 6000 77
- insufficient authorization in the server system is one reason that triggers the QuickBooks company file error code 6000 77.
- If you are running with a corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company file, this situation can also invite the QuickBooks company file error 6000 77.
- When the user is using the outdated version of QuickBooks or if your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release, this will bring the user bump into this error.
- Remember to store the company file in the local drive or a network. If you save the company file on any external storage, then it triggers the error code 6000 77 in QuickBooks.
- Any mapped drive is referred to for opening the QB company file, then that could also be the reason behind the QuickBooks company file error 6000 77.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 6000
Compelling Ways To Rectify The QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77
Copy The QB Company File To Another Location And Rectify The Error
- Start this troubleshooting solution method by first opening Windows Explorer. Now press the Windows + E keys on the keyboard and move to your system’s C: drive.
- Now make a new folder in that C: drive by naming the same as QBtest12, followed by opening the folder where your QB company file is located.
- After this, give right-click on the .qbw file and then click on the option of Copying from the drop-down list. In the next step, you have to Paste the file into the just-created company files.
- Finally, share the company file by setting Windows access permissions and then opening the QuickBooks desktop to access the file in the new location.
Utilize UNC Path File-name Rather Than The Mapped Drive
- Begin this process by right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon and pressing plus holding the CTRL key of the keyboard.
- Continue the step by opting for Run as admin from the Drop-Down list. Again tap and hold the CTRL key to launch the No company window.
- Next, you have to move to the file and then select the option of Open or restore the company. Simultaneously, open the company file and then continue to click on the Next button.
- Choose the Network from the left pane, followed by moving the same to the folder location of the QB company file.
- Finally, you need to select and Set the folder permissions to open the company file without the error. If the error is still there, continue solving it with the next method.
Change The .ND and .TLG File-Name
- First, move the .ND and .TLG files to the folder where the company file is saved with the location as C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Now locate the files that have the identical name as the .ND and .TLG QB company file extensions. Give right-click on the Files one after another, then go for the Rename option from the drop-down list.
- In this step, add the word .old at the end of the file extension and do the entire process for both the company files.
Erase Any Blank Spaces In The QB Company File-name
- First of all, log out from the QuickBooks Desktop software on your systems and then move to the QuickBooks company data file. Open the file and proceed with the next step.
- When you move to the QuickBooks company file, you need to right-click on that file and then select the Rename option. Choose the name of the company file and press the Enter key by checking there must be no space between the file-name extension.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks Desktop software application, access the QB company file, and create it. After this, check the presence of company file error 6000 77 in your QuickBooks.
Usual Fixation Solutions To Rectify The Error 6000 77 in QB
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting solutions are not helping you figure out the error, try some general fixation methods to terminate the company file error.
- Try to reboot your QuickBooks Desktop software with more access permissions and check whether the error has been terminated or not.
- The File Doctor Tool of QuickBooks holds the ability to fix and repair the damage or corruption in your QuickBooks files. You can also run the tool to rectify the error from the root cause and continue with your seamless operations.
- Rectify the glitch by moving the QB company data file to a local drive or network if it is saved on any external storage.
- Check whether your QB company data file is referred to any mapped drive or not. If yes, then make the required changes in settings and select the right server. Follow the steps for the same:
- Click on the Open or restore option that you will find under the File menu. Select the option Open a company file and click on the Network place option.
- Now, you are required to click on the Entire Network option to select the Server where you have saved your QB company files.
- Reboot your computer system and check if the glitch is still waiting for you or not.
The Closing Notes!
All the above-mentioned troubleshooting strategies are proven solutions to rectify the QuickBooks error 6000 77. However, if you are still unable to terminate this issue, get in touch with our QuickBooks experts team at 1.855.738.2784! Ring us today.
Related Search Terms : Error 6000 77Error 6000 77 in QuickBooks, Error 6000 77 While Opening Company File, How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77, I am Getting QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77, QB Error Code 6000 77, QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77, QuickBooks desktop error 6000 77
You may read also – QuickBooks Not Working? Fix The Errors With 5 Simple Solutions