Mailchimp offers a wide spectrum of pricing options to its customers. Here, you will find a free plan with limited functionalities and enterprise-level plans with advanced features. There is also a pay-as-you-go option which obviously provides great flexibility and scalability. Because of the affordable price and entry-level plan, Mailchimp has become the most used email marketing automation in the world with a whooping market share of 70%. In this article, we are going to explain the Mailchimp pricing plans in detail.
Things You Need to Know about Mailchimp Pricing
- Contacts: Mailchimp defines contact as an individual who is/was receiving your marketing campaigns. Contacts can be subscribed, unsubscribed, and even non-subscribed persons. In short, everyone on your list is a contact.
- Contacts Count: Contacts count refers to the total number of audience in your Mailchimp account. In case the contact count increases then you will need to upgrade your plan. Contacts that are archived, deleted, and cleaned are excluded from the contact count.
- Send: Here “Send” means sending an email to a contact. For example, if you send one email to 1000 contacts then it will count as 1000 sends. Please note that test and transactional emails are also included in the send count.
- Seats: Seats are nothing but users who have access to a Mailchimp account. You can choose the level of access and number of seats based on your Mailchimp Pricing Plan.
All Mailchimp Pricing Plans
You can choose the plan based on your audience base and in case the number increases you can upgrade your existing plan anytime. Mailchimp has four types of plans namely- Free, Essentials, Standard, and Premium. This spectrum of plans offers a marketing automation solution to small businesses and large corporations as well.
Once you agree on the number of contacts, Mailchimp will suggest one of its pricing plans to you. After that, you can see your monthly sending limit and the corresponding pricing. Don’t worry if you exceed the sending limit, the service will not be halted. Instead, it will be shown as additional charges in your bill. Also, you can change the sending limit anytime you want.
Let’s have a look at each plan individually.
This is an absolute plan for beginners and we are not just talking about Mailchimp but all marketing automation platforms. Even though it is a free service, you will still get some of the best in the class features. Using them, you can nurture your leads and reach a larger audience base as well.
In the free plan, you can save up to 2,000 contacts on Mailchimp. The monthly send limit is 10,000 while the daily send limit is 2,000. Apart from that, you will get other features like:-
- 1 audience
- 1 seat and the only permission is Owner
- Email templates
- Welcome email and abandoned cart email
- Basic reporting
Essentials is the affordable Mailchimp pricing plans. This is suitable for those who sent email campaigns on a regular basis. The base contact count is 500 which can go up to 50,000 contacts and obviously, the price will increase too. As far as the monthly send limit is concerned, it is 10X your number of contacts. Below are the additional features.
- 3 audiences
- 3 seats, available permissions are Owner and Admin
- Mailchimp Customer Journeys with up to 4 journey points
- All email templates
- A/B testing
- Scheduled email campaigns
- Email and chat support
According to Mailchimp, Standard is their best plan, in other words, it provides the best value for money. This is an ideal marketing automation plan for those businesses that are looking to expand and explore new territories. Just like Essentials, the minimum contact count is 500 and the upper limit is 100,000 contacts. However, the monthly sent limit is 12X of the contact count. The advanced features you will get are:-
- 5 audiences
- 5 seats, permissions available are Owner, Admin, Author, and Viewer
- Customer Journeys with up to 100 journey points and condition-based branching
- Retargeting ads
- Classic automation series
- Custom-coded email templates
- Customer lifetime value
- Send Time Optimization
- 24/7 email and chat support
This is the most advanced and expensive Mailchimp pricing plan. This is especially for established businesses with a larger audience base. In this plan, the minimum contact count is 10,000 and the upper limit is 2,000 contacts. The monthly send limit is 15 times of contact count. You can even request a customized plan. In addition, these are the features you will get in Premium.
- Unlimited audiences
- Unlimited seats, permissions available Owner, Admin, Author, Manager, or Viewer
- Advanced segmentation
- Multivariate testing
- Phone support
- 24/7 unlimited email and chat support