Imagine you are running your QuickBooks application smoothly, and suddenly QuickBooks not working error pops up on your screen. Isn’t it disheartening? QuickBooks accounting software helps users to manage their daily business accounting tasks and operations, but a few errors, such as the QuickBooks stopped working error, hampers users from continuing their seamless operations. If you are also among such users, then take a look at this article and read it till the end. We have come up with the relevant and genuine reasons for this error, factors related to the error, and possible solutions to fix the error.
Although QuickBooks errors are manageable to solve, you never know when the situation will get worse. So, it’s better to take help from QuickBooks professionals and experts. Call us at 1.855.738.2784 and dismiss this frustrating QuickBooks has stopped working error.
This article is a comprehensive guide for the users to know in depth about the QuickBooks not working error and its reliable solutions. Only the users have to follow the instructions and move ahead carefully.
What Is QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error Problem?
The QuickBooks has stopped working, not responding, or not opening error problem is one of the typical issues that every QuickBooks user may face. The error message is displayed on the user’s computer screen when they attempt to open QuickBooks Desktop. That’s why the users must solve the error at the right time. Now, before moving to the troubleshooting solutions, let’s take a look at the signs and symptoms of the error.
How Can You Identify The QuickBooks Not Opening Error?
- If your QuickBooks Desktop starts freezing and gets non-responsive after a few seconds, you open it.
- You can detect the error if your mouse clicks and keyboard tabs are not responding and start lagging on the QuickBooks Windows.
- When you open the QB company file, the QuickBooks application shuts down without any warning or message.
- If you get the error-related messages displayed on your screen and the QuickBooks application stops loading the dashboard.
- If your other Windows applications also start becoming non-responding or sluggish with freezing issues, it is also one of the signs related to the QuickBooks not responding error.
You may also see – QuickBooks TLS Error
Leading Causes Of QuickBooks Not Responding Error
There are multiple reasons that give rise to this QuickBooks not responding error, some of them are as follows:
- If your QuickBooks company file name is longer than usual with more characters than the standard limit, it will trigger the error.
- The error may trouble the user when your QuickBooks application is not installed correctly on Windows.
- If there are any damaged or corrupted sectors on your hard disk, it will surely cause the QuickBooks not opening error.
- The damaged and corrupted QuickBooks company data files are one of the prominent reasons that give rise to errors and troubles the users while running the QuickBooks application.
How To Fix The QuickBooks Not Opening Error Effectively?
Troubleshooting Method 1 – Repair The Damaged Sectors On The Hard Disk
The damaged or bad sectors on the hard drive often create issues and disturb the performance of the QuickBooks application. Therefore, follow the below-given steps to scan and repair those bad and damaged sectors on the hard drive.
- Firstly, launch the Windows File Manager. For this, press Windows + E and then right-click the C drive. After this, choose the Properties option and give click on the Check now option under the Tools option.
- Now, check-mark the options of Automatically fixing file system errors plus Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
- Finally, click on the Start option and wait till Windows completes the scanning and repairing process.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – Fix The Error By Editing The QBWUSER.INI File Name
- Begin with this method by first opening the Windows File Manager, followed by navigating to the path \Users\User Name \AppData\Local\ Intuit\QuickBooks, and locate the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Find the file, and if you don’t get the file, click on the Folder and Search Options that you can locate under the Organize tab at the top-left Window corner.
- Check-mark the Show hidden files, drives, or folders option under the View tab, click on the Apply option, and then hit on the OK option.
- After this, right-click on the file and select the Rename option to add .OLD at the end of the file name as QBWUSER.INI.OLD. Finally, open QuickBooks and check whether the error of QuickBooks not opening error has been solved or not.
Troubleshooting Method 3 – Try To Disable The Antivirus Software
By restarting your device and temporarily disabling the Antivirus software, you can settle the error of QuickBooks not responding.
- First, open the third-party Antivirus software and disable the same temporarily.
- Now, restart the software and then turn off the Antivirus software if the problem is still there.
- Check whether the error has been resolved or not. If not, you can speak to the IT team for further help or move to the next solution.
Troubleshooting Method 4 – Try To Open The Document In A New Folder And Fix The Error Issue
- To begin with this method, press Windows + E together on the keyboard, and you will see a fresh and new Window appear on your screen.
- When the new Window is displayed, find the data file with the .qbw extension and then give right-click on the file after you locate it. Now, select the Copy option followed by creating a new folder on C: drive.
- Name this newly created folder QBTEST, open it, and then paste that very file into the QBTEST folder.
- Now, hold and press the Ctrl key while you open the QuickBooks application and select Restore or Open an Existing Company.
- In this last step, verify and check whether QuickBooks is responding or not by opening the new QBTEST folder.
Troubleshooting Method 5 – Check The Internet Connectivity
- To get started with this solution, check the date and time of your computer system. If it’s incorrect, then correct it with the exact one.
- Now, go to the Start button, click on it, and open Internet Explorer on your computer system.
- Here, from the menu bar of Internet Explorer, select the tools and directly navigate to the internet options tab.
- Continue the step and click on the advance tab that you can see in the internet options window. Now, give click on the reboot option from the advance tab drop-down menu.
- In this step, after rebooting, click on the apply button that you can see displayed on the screen. After this, click on the OK tab and confirm the tools. Finally, restart your computer system to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Further Queries? Call Us Now!
The bottom line says that the QuickBooks accounting software is one of the easiest modes of handling accounting operations. However, if you get stuck between QuickBooks not working, opening, or responding to errors, you should go with the above-given troubleshooting solutions. The solutions may seem difficult to implement, so you can contact our QuickBooks expert team at 1.855.738.2784 and continue working with QuickBooks seamlessly.
Related Search Terms : Application freezes while attempting to open company file, How to unfreeze QuickBooks, QB closes with no error
You may read also – An Updated Guide to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 3371